Sunday, May 22, 2011

When I decided it was over

Thursday, May 19, 2011

After he did another 180 on me and said he didn't want a divorce, he missed me, etc. (but not mushy or urgently),I called him and said I just got a huge stack of divorce paperwork from your attorney.  He said, I got it this morning.   I mentioned that it was "like, wow - it's overwhelming," he said yea, I just finally set it aside and decided to deal with it later."

I hung up on him.  That's when it was over.  He said he would go to marriage counseling.  However, he was continuing the process of a divorce.  Those two actions are completely conflicting.  If he were truly committed to making our relationship work, he would have said something else.  Maybe,"yea...I need to call the attorney and tell them to stop the process...will you do the same?

I'm learning at lot through this journey, and a valuable resource for me is Runaway Husbands: The Abandoned Wife's Guide to Recovery and Renewal.

I don't want to plagerize what they say, but I will refer to it, probably quite a bit.  I have much more to tell you, about when the rug got pulled out from under me, the roller coaster ride, some background about our relationship and family, and how this all started.

I can't wait to tell you my story.  If you are in a similar situation, I think it feels good to know that other women, many women, have and are going through what you and I have and are going through.  There is sunshine at the end of this journey, there are many silver linings to the devastation that has hit us, you can and will be happier.  Trust me, and come with me on this journey

1 comment:

  1. Reggie,
    A friend suggested your blog to me. I see you have just begun. I hope you will continue...and soon.

    ReplyDelete